Ever since upgrading to WordPress 2.9 in December, I’ve gotten an error when initially saving every draft:
Your attempt to edit this post: “Wordpress fix” has failed.
Please try again.
And then the draft is usually still saved, although the last portion of what I’ve typed is sometimes lost.
I finally got this annoyance fixed. The fix was here all along. I guess I was too lazy to actually deactivate every plugin to isolate the problem. I finally did that, but plugins weren’t the problem.
I just assumed my web host was using PHP 5. Nope. But there’s a setting via cPanel to have PHP processed by either PHP 4 or PHP 5.
Just posting to give back to the internets. Paying it forward.