Cause of death: Grey Poupon

I tried to ingest some lunch after 2:30 this afternoon–a turkey sandwich with some grey poupon. The back of my throat began to swell up. I did not have a complete anaphylactic reaction, but it felt like it was headed in that direction. I’ve never had such a reaction, or any reaction, from mustard before, unless you count that ridiculously hot mustard you can find at some Chinese restaurants. Some googling informs me that mustard is the fourth leading food allergy after eggs, peanuts, and milk. There is a complex course of treatment for this allergy–AVOID MUSTARD. I guess I’ll have to give up my lifelong fantasy of exchanging Grey Poupon on a country road. (If that sounded dirty, I didn’t mean for it to).


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s